Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day Ceremony

Today we went to the Remembrance Day Ceremony here in town. You may be asking yourselves why we would subject ourselves to one hour of public solemness... in a public place...with two three year olds and you would be right. What were we thinking?
Jean-Pierre was required by work to do something 'offical' to mark today. He was lucky enough to get permission to do something close to home so we could spend the day together. So, we got all dressed up and away we went.










Actually, we have great confidence in our kiddies and they did not disappoint. Yes, they got a little restless during the laying of the wreaths, but otherwise they were very respectful and attentive. The bagpipes at the beginning really got their attention. J. was also enthralled whenever daddy would salute - like during the National Anthem, etc. At one point he saluted along with papa. It was so adorable. I'm not too sure I want him to get too enthusiastic about the military though. I think having a husband in the forces is enough. I don't really need my children to join up too.
The ceremony was quite religious actually. At the beginning the minister said something about how we were all in the 'presence' of god. Next thing I know J. looking all around and repeating, 'Presents? Presents?' He just couldn't figure out where the 'presents' were that the guy was talking about and, more importantly, if any of those 'presents' were for him.

6 comments:

Monica said...

It sounds like a nice way to mark today's occasion. I love the photo of JP with the kids. The way J is looking up at his dad is so sweet.

Beth said...

The image of J. saluting is so cute. I'm sure they were just angels considering their age. That is a pretty impressive assignment.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!! So great to see an update!

Now, really, could your children be any cuter? I ADORE the photos!!!!

I was so touched reading about J saluting like his Papa and how incredibly adorable and innocent his inquiry was about the 'presents'. TOO cute:)

Thanks for posting!

xo Jen

Anonymous said...

Double YEAH!!!!!! An update, how great!!!
What great photos!! Looks like E would make a great model. She already has the poses down pat. And J looking up at his Dad, Wow!!!
Aren't you amazed that a 3 year old was actually listening to the minister's sermon??? He, J, deserves a present for that.
So nice to see you blogging again.
Rita xoxo

Teri said...

Wow, the kids grew so much. E is getting so tall.

Nice to hear from you.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

They all look so nice! And where WERE the presents? LOL!