Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Kid Never Stops Talking

J. really just never stops talking. It's incredible. We're coming home from the park and he's alone in the bike trailer behind the bike and I hear, 'Mama, blah, blah, blah.' The wind is whistling past my ears (yes, I go very, very fast on my bike O.K.), he's 10 feet behind me and there's a wall of plastic between us. Does that stop him? Oh ka no. He keeps on talking and talking to me.

The other day after supper I filmed him at the kitchen table. He talked non-stop for almost 6 minutes. No one was even answering him. He was talking to his cookies, he was talking to the table and he was talking to himself.

He talks from the moment he wakes up. E. sleeps with a stuffed elephant (Eli from the video post) that has a bell in it. This is so great because when we hear the bell we know that E. is awake or at least waking up. We got J. a dog that has a bell in it, but he doesn't care to sleep with it. A problem you ask. No. We always know J. is awake even without the bell. Yep, he starts talking.....to us, to himself to his sister. What a guy.
Here's a typical morning conversation between the kiddies. Remember they are in different rooms, but the rooms are beside each other.
J: Baba?........Baba?!
E: Baba?
J: Aaayaa Baba. (Don't say Baba Mei-Mei)
E: Baba?
J: Aaayaaa Baba Mei-Mei! Mama.
E: Aaayaaa Mama! Baba
J: (in a very sweet voice) J. loves Baba. Mei-Mei loves Mama?
E: Aaayaaa Mama. Mei-Mei Baba.
J: Aaayaaa. Mei-Mei Mama. Mei-Mei aime Mama.


When the clock reads 7:00, E. gets out of bed, goes to her brother's room and says,
'Come J. come. 7... 7 come on.' Then they both come running into the bedroom yelling, 'Baba, baba!' and jump up on DH's side of the bed.
Ahhh, sweet bliss......

6 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

MWAH HA HA HA HA.....welcome to the crazy house......

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHh Sweet bliss indeed! How incredibly sweet!

Music to your ears (remember that when you feel the urge to block them:))) LOL

Seriously, how incredibly precious!

Hugs,
Jen

Anonymous said...

God! How I love your kids and I don't even know them!
Rita

Anonymous said...

Wow, so glad I finally got the address! Read tons of the entries even though I don't have the time. You crack me up Dawn! Love learning more about those two. Funny, I would have never thought the little guy was such a chatty kid. Can't wait to read more.

Anonymous said...

I was told my a Doc that when a child talks none stop it means he is extremely inteligent my answer to that was I am pleased to hear that but the child talks 24/7 what do you call that.My son Hunter can not keep quite for 1/2 second we keep telling him you will have to listen in class in Sept and not talk and he answer but I have allot to say, can even get the last word in, he has been chatting our ear of since he turned 2. Love to see that your little angels are so happy and interacting toghether so well they are 2 peas in a pod
colette

Monica said...

Cute conversation between the kiddies! I love hearing about the interaction between those two.