There is a cattle farm across the ravine behind our house. The driveway to the farm runs behind our house and so, much to J.'s delight, we see all the cars, trucks, tractors and trailers that go to and fro. We don't actually see the cows unless we go for a walk down the bike path, but we hear and smell them sometimes. This afternoon they were especially noisy. While eating our roast beef supper this evening we saw a couple of stock trailers full of cows leaving the farm. J. asked what 'those' were called and we told him they were trailers. 'Trailers?' he asked and I knew where he was going with that question.
The other day we were out at Mom and Dad's place and J. got to look inside their camping trailer. He thought it was very cool and very impressive that Gong-Gong and Lao-Lao go 'camping' (even though he doesn't have a sweet clue as to what 'camping' might entail).
Anyway, I knew that when he asked, 'Trailer?' he was thinking about Gong-Gong and Lao-Lao's rig so I said, 'Yes, a trailer like Gong-Gong and Lao-Lao use for camping.' So then E. makes a very impressive cognitive leap and asks, 'Cows going camping?'. We told her that the cows were indeed going camping.
Of Teeth and Brushing
Here are their post-dentist interviews:
No, Sticker Head was not the one-time thing I thought it was going to be. She's back.....
This time the sticker came from The Home Depot and, like last time, the sticker struck without Mama's full knowledge. Yes, I knew she had a sticker and yes, I knew that it was going to get stuck somewhere while the child was sitting in the backseat as I drove, but NO, I didn't think to forbid head placement. Yes, like last time, we toured Walmart directly after the sticker was placed and so Mama was forced to endure many
4 comments:
Way to go, E and J, for your courage at the dentist! Love those post-dentist interviews!
The pics of E with the massive sticker on her forehead are too funny. Sorry to hear about the painstaking removal, though. I did one of those myself (on Claire, not me!) recently.
I am buying that kid a whole book full of stickers, just for entertainment value...;-) Oh, and you already GOT a gift for A and J, you goofball. Elmo phones, remember? I'LL never forget them, I assure you. 'Cause I have "la, la, la, la, la, la, la ,la...Elmo's World...." in my head for eternity.
OK, so we didn't howl about getting locked in - that's so much what I would do, but we did get a good giggle. And the stickers, well, she's still awfully cute - even with Micky Mouse on her forehead. Very impressed with their language.
sylvia:)
Congratulations to E and J for being so brave and excited about the dentist! How wonderful that it went so well. I LOVE their interviews!!!! They are far too cute for words really:)) Speaking of words, that is terrific regarding J's comparing 'trailer' and E's comment! Cows going camping indeed! I also couldn't help but giggle at your mention of what you were eating:) I prefer to think of the cows going camping and shall remember this when I pass the trailers full of them on the highway and have this incredible urge to pull the truck over and free the herd! OOOOOOOH, camping.... they are going camping.... I shall recite that over and over from now on, and think of you guys!!!!!
Keep the posts coming, they are brilliant!
Jen
Post a Comment