Welcome to my blog. The purpose of my blog is to keep family and friends who live far away from us updated and 'involved' in our lives. There are many other ways to fulfill that mandate such as e-mail, phone conversations as well as letters and pictures sent through snail-mail, but those methods aren't as quick and/or as immediate as the blog format. Hence the name of the blog 'Close to the EDJJ (edge)'. It's an attempt to try to keep people close to us. I've chosen just to use my family's initials rather than their complete names. If you know about this blog, you know who is who and if you'd don't know who is who then you don't really need to :-). ...
So, since nothing is for free in this world, here's the cost of reading my blog (other than commenting once in a while). You must send us an update
at least once a year about what is going on in your family. You may write a New Year's letter, you can phone us, you can send us an e-mail with pictures. Whatever. If you already have a blog, you're off the hook. We'll catch up with you there.

I found the artwork for the title of the blog in Google Images. It's titled 'Landscape of Experience'. I thought it was fitting for my new creation. The colours matched and so did the name.
12 comments:
I am beyond thrilled to see this blog!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing! I look forward to your posts as they are indeed a terrific way to keep in touch!
xo Jen
I am so glad that we will still be able to follow you and your family in all the new adventures that await you . The smile on your face Dawn says it all you are one happy MAMA , count on me to give you family updates as you know I usually have allot of them and here goes the first one . Today is a wonderful day Austin got his hearing aids and he can hear , as soon as they where turned on and I called out to him he turned his head and looked at me , it brought tears to my eyes , I am told that as the weeks go on and they calibrate his hearing aids he will be able to hear better , my precious liitle man can hear
colette
You are one cool mama...lookin' like far from the edge to me. I'll pay my annual fees soon, promise.
luv ya,
Mary
Youppi!
Teri
I am happy that you are in blog world again. It is addictive. I am still hooked on blogs that you sent me the link to way before you had Eva.
I have travelled with many people on their journey's you would not believe it.
I look forward to your upcoming posts.
Got to go again.
Teri
Hey Dawn,
Very glad to hear you're going to keep us all posted on your experiences of living on the edjj. Sorry couldn't resist. I agree with Teri, I'm totally addicted, especially since you guys are so far away.
We promise to give you regular updates on us and the dogs, yep the s is really supposed to be there. I'll fill you in later. Heck, who knows, maybe I'll even start my own blog.
Anyway, big hugs to all. Thanks again for keeping in touch. Take care.
Shelley
Well..........thank you for keeping on. And you've inspired me. I have to start one soon.
Love the title - you clever thing you.
Hugs,
Wanda
Hooray! Glad to have you back! I'm thankful I"m off the hook about the update letter. I hate doing those things...
Very cool! Life on the edjj is the only way to go. I look forward to your musings.
Sylvia:)
Hi Dawn, I'm so glad you've started this blogg. You don't know the number of times that I've thought of writing to you but I was never at the computer when the thought arose. Teri told me that you have an addition to your family. Although I love that picture of you, I would love to see one of the kids. I'm in Florida with Karen and her family and will be returning home on Sat. I'll email some pictures of Hadley and Ivy to you. Have a wonderful day!
Rita xoxo
YEAH!! So happy there is still a way to hear all the cute stories about your family!
I promise to leave comments thus paying my dues since I am blogless myself.
We'll see you on Friday mornings at the mandarin playgroup - Vivien gave us permission to join so YAY! our kids can get to know each other better.
Cheers!
Sonya
Hi there!
Thanks for sharing your blog with me! I love the name of the blog, and the artwork you chose is awesome.
I can't wait to follow along ...
Monica
Post a Comment