Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance Day 2009

We once again took in our local community's Remembrance Day ceremony today. They do a lovely job. This year was a little more meaningful than other years since a friend (and fellow FE) of DH's died in Afghanistan this summer. His helicopter crashed as they were taking off from an enclosed area. A door gunner was also killed in the incident. It was very touching when both their names were read out in the list of the fallen during today's ceremony.

While the kiddies don't really get the significance of the event (and I'm not sure I want them to just yet), the ceremony is becoming a family tradition for us. What this really means is that we remember to take pictures. So, here are the comparison pictures from last year and this year.









J. was so cute this year. He insisted on wear his 'baptising clothes'. DH convinced him that he could wear jeans with the shirt vest and tie rather than the whole outfit. He was so proud of his outfit. As soon as he had it on, he ran into E's bedroom (where she was getting ready) and said, 'E., you think my outfit is really nice, don't you.' She told him that she did indeed think it was a great outfit and he was thrilled.

5 comments:

4D said...

They are both just darling! Getting so big!

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

They look SO grown up! Tell them to stop that!

Monica said...

Great comparison photos! They really do look so grown up this year.

Sending a big thank you to J-P and his colleagues for their service. So sorry to hear about the loss of his friends and colleagues this summer.

Our family said...

Wonderful to read the update and see last year's and this year's pics!

E and J are so adorable, and yes growing with each day I bet!

I thought of JP this year on the 11th. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of his friends. Whether or not we know the fallen soldiers, it is always so tragic.

On another note, please keep the updates coming! We've missed them!!!!

Hugs,
Jen
P.S. Thanks for all of the support my friends. I so wish I would see you at the airport again! I will never forget your kindness and that video is still so treasured.

Wanda said...

Awh.....E and J are just so adorable standing up so straight for their portrait.

Sorry to hear about JP's friend. Terrible.

Glad to see an update ane the kiddies are getting even more cute, if that's possible.