Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time Flies When You Don't Sit Down

Time has just FLOWN by since DH came home. He has been at home - not working - for the past 5 weeks as part of the post-deployment stuff and I couldn't tell you where the time went. So here are some bullets of what we've been up to (and why I haven't posted):
  • hired contractors to finish our back deck. It needed railings and we had them add two sets of stairs.
  • stained said additions to deck (mostly DH, but I helped when I was home)
  • hired same contractors to mud, sand and prime garage
  • painted garage walls - just didn't have time to do the floor, but since most of our stuff is in our neighbour's garage we need to get on that too.
  • changed all the furniture around in the house = stuff that didn't fit into any rooms is jammed somewhere where it's not supposed to be - yuck, I'm not good at living in disorganization
  • had a garage sale to try and clear out some of above stuff - sold some, but not enough so all got crammed into the basement (can't put it in garage).
  • bought shelves and organized basement - much better, but still have a pile of last of 'stuff' to go
  • changed the fan in the kitchen (no, not me)
  • cleaned out the crawl space (umm, no, not me)
  • kids did gymnastics and soccer, so sat in gym or outside on field two nights a week- don't have a single picture of them doing it - what has become of me?
  • planned for, tested for and completed report cards - ugggg (that was me)
  • started planning for next school year (also me)

So, after two years of living in this house, we feel like we have finally moved in. I still need to reorganize my teaching materials and get the office back into shape, but we have finished most of what we wanted to do and we did it all over the last 5 weeks. I think hubby was thrilled to go back to work and get some rest :-))

Babies are doing well. They are actually little children now and this summer they've started looking like that. E. loved gymnastics and can't wait for it to start again next year. J. hated soccer (he doesn't like getting pushed) and can't wait for gymnastics to start again next year so he can go too. He was allowed to join E.'s last class and he did very well for his first gymnastics class so we promised to sign him up. He doesn't want to wear a bodysuit though.

5 comments:

Our family said...

Great to see your update!

You made me tired just reading about all you accomplished in the last 5 weeks!!!! WOW! Great job:))))

Enjoy!

Hugs,
Jen

Wanda said...

Welcome back!

Oh, I just knew you were honeymooning all over again. But I'm impressed you got all that domestic stuff done too.

Wow.

:)

Teri said...

Great to hear from you. Give me a call when you get a minute!!!


Teri

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Helllllo there! If I hadn't been rudely bumped into at the bank, I would never have known you were still around....;-)

Glad to see you back! Oh, how I would love a DECK! Glad your DH is back!!!!!!!!

Monica said...

Holy cow, have you ever accomplished a lot of stuff! That must feel great!

Thanks for taking the time to post and fill us in. Too funny about JJ not wanting to wear a bodysuit for gymastics; good heavens, why not?!