Saturday, April 18, 2009

How I Know He Gets It

I was going through the blog and found this post done by DH which reminded me that....yes, he gets it. The post if from July 11, 2008. I was working for an oil company and he was in the last month of the parental leave he took for J.:

As for myself, well I am really enjoying the time spent with my children. I have to admit that yes, it is hard sometimes. Man oh man, there is always something to do in this **&@** house.


O.k., he didn't do 5 months of it, he wasn't trying to work at the same time, he didn't have to run everything by himself since I came home in the evenings and was here on the weekends, and the kids slept later because they weren't going to a babysitter each morning and he wasn't completely exhausted all the time, but he still had a taste for what it can be like. Well, since writing that paragraph maybe I've changed my mind. I'm not too sure that he does get it........ Oh, it is so worth it though just to have my babies with me. I guess I can't get what he is going through either. Guess that's marriage.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I think those are such true observations. There's a TON on your plate but I think none of us can realize what that situation is like (nor do any of us really want to find out, I'd guess). So that is life and marriage, it's hard not to feel like you've got the short end sometimes, but everyone gets their turn at the tough stuff. We miss seeing you guys at class. Think about you lots, if that's any help. Saying lots of prayers for JP. Take care.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You do have lots on your plate. Anything I can do to help? Just let me know.....

PS- We need to reschedule our date. :-)

When does JP get back from the resort?

Jednet said...

Janet,

I'll call you.