Anyway, her tests today showed and the doctor confirmed that the hole has closed over and E.'s heart is now perfectly normal! While we expected this to happen around her fourth birthday, I was still surprised. Wonderfully surprised.Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Great News!
E. had her annual cardiologist appointment today. She was born with a small ventricular septal defect. Basically, that's a small hole in the dividing wall between the two lower chambers of her heart. It's never caused her any problems. She's always been in the 90th percentile for both height and weight (as you can see from one of the earliest pictures we have of her) and she's always been an active child.
Anyway, her tests today showed and the doctor confirmed that the hole has closed over and E.'s heart is now perfectly normal! While we expected this to happen around her fourth birthday, I was still surprised. Wonderfully surprised.
On the way back from the city though, I suddenly woke-up doing 100 km/hr on the grass between the two highways. That was extremely scary and E and I are just lucky that we weren't approaching an overpass when I fell asleep at the wheel. My god it happened so fast and I was so completely asleep that I don't remember leaving the highway at all. I had enough sense not to panic and just manouvered us back up onto the highway and kept going. A good day almost ended very tragically, but all is well.
Anyway, her tests today showed and the doctor confirmed that the hole has closed over and E.'s heart is now perfectly normal! While we expected this to happen around her fourth birthday, I was still surprised. Wonderfully surprised.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Omigosh, I can't tell you how relieved I am that you're okay. What a close call. Scary how it happened without you realizing it.
But on the good news front, wow, wow, wow! Such incredible news about E's great, healthy heart! Congrats on the wonderful news!
Great news all around. Great that E's heart id normal and that noting bad happened to you guys!
I was just reading your post below about the princesses and that is Naomi 100%. Her favourite is Ariel. We're heading to Disney in 12 days!
Disney is a giant store with rides, but if you set some limits you can have a great time. We bring lots of healthy snacks and the kids are allowed 1 souvenir on the last day.
OMG Thankfully, everything is ok... YOu were very lucky. You must have had angels on your shoulders!
That is also wonderful news for E!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!
Whoa. That would be SO scary. I bet you didn't feel the least bit tired after that. I hope you can get some rest, my friend.
GREAT news about E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All is well except that I had a heart attack reading that!!!! OMG Dawn, I'm so glad you're OK. I had a crash up last week, but just me and very minor in the grand scheme.
SOOOO happy to hear about E's heart. A load off of you I'm sure.
Hope you're taking care of yourself.
Hugs
We are so glad you were able to keep it together and get yourself back on the road!! Wonderful news about E. Take care.
Cecile
Wow, that's scary, thank God you're okay. That's how my brother in law got into an accident and paralized him from the waist down. Anyway, the good thing is that you guys are okay. I think everyone has been in that situtation at one point. You just get tired and want to just close your eyes...it happens so quickly.
I am happy to hear that E's heart is healthy. What wonderful news.
TAke it easy!!
Teri
That is wonderful news!!
Keep smilin!
Post a Comment