There's a game that we used to play with E. after she had been home a few months. Since she was really attached to me, but didn't want to have much to do with Jean-Pierre, we used to play the 'I'm Gonna Get You' game. I would run towards her to tickle her and J.-P. would save her by grabbing her and running away from me. This game actually really helped her develop a stronger bond to J.-P. because she got used to feeling safe in his arms.
I'd forgotten about that game until this evening. After supper J-P was playing 'Scary Monster' with J. and E. At one point J was startled to tears when J-P jumped out unexpectedly. J. ran over to me for comfort (unusual when daddy is around). So, we started to play 'Mama saves J. from the Scary Monster' game. We both loved it. He would go close to J-P and then beatle back to my arms as fast as his little legs would carry him as daddy chased him. I scooped him up and we ran around the kitchen as daddy tried to catch us. He held on to me so tight, laughing all the way. A great bonding experience for us that didn't take anything away from his bond with daddy.
Here are the two kiddies running back in forth in the house during the summer. J. is much more stable as he runs now. It's incredible how his muscles and coordination have developed since he's been home.
6 comments:
With Adam, we play the "Daddy tickle Adam" game. Daddy tickles Adam, Adam comes to Mommy to help him tickle him back. :-)
I love seeing those little legs just give 'er across the floor!
The 'I'm gonna get you' game sounds great! I'll remember that for when we've been home with Ren a few months.
Do those kiddies have pants? Haha
It's such a fun game...I play that game with Lola too and I love how she laughs and giggle and gets so exited.
Teri
Teri,
I have bought my kiddies TONS of pants, but they HATE wearing them. As soon as they get in the house, the pants come off and they are in their skivies. I don't know why. We always have pants on!
Dawn
Thank God Lola does not take from me, Once I get home, I like to be in my panties!!!!
Obviously, you don't stick to the age old rule, "No running in the house". ROFL I love it!!!!! We run like the wind in our house too! Rules are meant to be broken:))))
What cutie pies!
Jen
Post a Comment