Thanks for the advice about the ecinacha. I have been taking it, but not in such big doses. I've only been taking 2 pills every morning. Once this sucker is gone, I'll do that for the next one. In answer to Monica's question, yes, since I started working, I've gotten sick each time Jean-Pierre has gone away. It just takes me getting a little (I mean a very little) run down and boom it hits me again. It has always been like that whenever I start teaching at a new place. It will pass and (if history repeats itself) next year I should be as strong as a horse.
So, we got the official word yesterday. Jean-Pierre (well, and others) leaves for his trip in about two weeks. Hopefully it will only be for 4 months. The timing is actually not so bad. I mean, yes, he won't be here for Jay-Jay's first Christmas and his one year anniversary of being in our family, but he should be back for the really good parts of the year like summer holidays and the kids' birthdays. The birthdays part is likely going to be touch and go because Jean-Pierre will be one of the last guys to leave at the end as he'll have to do the hand-over to the guys coming after them.
So, as Jennifer mentioned, since we knew it was likely coming, we are not totally surprised. We thought they would have a month's notice before leaving, but after having been involved with the military for 14 years now, nothing surprises me and we pretty much know how to roll with it now. This is not nearly as stressful as being moved to a different province, totally out of the blue, when you are in the middle of an international adoption. Nope, this is a piece of cake compared to that. But, we know that this is Jean-Pierre's job, it's what puts food on our table and clothes on our backs so we have to take the good with the bad.
Jean-Pierre is happy to be getting the chance to put his skills to good use and he is looking forward to seeing for himself what is really going on over there without the spindoctoring we see in the media. Take just this mission for example. On the net, some articles give the impression that Canada is sending over the Griffon helicopter to attack targets. They have been called 'Gunships'. The mission for the Griffons is to protect the Chinook helicopters that will be carrying our guys and their equipment from place to place. The idea is to keep some of our people off the roads, where they are vulnerable to attack, by flying them through the air instead.
Here's the really ironic part..... Since Jean-Pierre will have access to the internet, I'll likely be updating the blog a lot more often so he can stay up-to-date with the kiddies :-)).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Now that IS ironic.
It will be a nice little way to be updated. Face to face would be even nicer, but really, thank goodness for blogging!
I will be keeping you all in our prayers. I admire your strength and courage. Take care.
xo Jen
Hey Dawn,
As always, thanks for the updates. You're sooooo much better with your blog than me. I gave up quite early in the game. We've been pretty busy so I hadn't been on in a couple of weeks. Sorry to hear you've been fighting off so many germs. It's one of the joys of being back in school, eh?
Sorry to hear JP has to be away for Jay Jay's first xmas. It's a neat opportunity for him but a little far from home. But, like you said, it's part of the job.
Peg says to tell you the Soundprint book and manual is ready and I'll send it when I go to the board on Tuesday. She also added, "Now that Dawn probably has all the stuff."
Take it easy and thanks again for the entertainment. If you get a chance you should really film the Cinderella scenes.
Shelley
I too really admire you and your family. I often think of all those families waiting and now I know one personally. You can be sure we'll be saying extra prayers for JP and all of you at home. What an important job he will be doing!
Take care. Safe travels to JP.
Well, I'll look forward to the more frequent blog posts! Seriously though, we wish JP all the best overseas and of course, the best to his family here at home.
Monica, Paul and Claire
Hi GUys
I know long time since I have posted ,Dawn you are 1 strong woman my prayers will be with you and the kids and JP,yesterday we became Austin,s legal parents he will have his cleft repaired this Friday,I send you big hugs
colette
Post a Comment