Here's J.'s version of the old classic 'Farmer in the Dell'.
Yes, for him it's 'Farmer in the Cow'! I think he's actually got it now though.
He also does a great rendition of 'London Bridge', but he always sings it to the tune of 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' so when he gets to the end about the Fair Lady it just doesn't work. He insists it's like that though. He's very big on being right on almost everything and will argue his point with me until one of us gives up (usually me) or is proven wrong beyond a shadow of a three year old's idea of a doubt (which is very loose and not always very logical).
Yesterday he was telling his dad about how E. had gotten a time-out for scratching...uh, not because she was itchy.... no, for scratching J.'s face because she was mad. His version of reality was just a little different from mine.
He said, 'Mei-mei go time-out.' (insert happy/self-righteous tone of voice)
DH: 'Oh, what happened?'
J: 'Mei-mei scratch me (shake of the head to show deep disappointment in Mei-mei).
J. cry and Mei-mei go to time-out.'
Me: 'Did Mei-mei go to time-out because you were crying?'
J. (Very, very serious tone) 'Yes.'
Hmmm..... I wonder why he cries a lot????? Might have some work to do on how I respond to situations between these two.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
He is so cute! I love his singing!
Now that is CLASSIC! Gosh I love your blog!!!!!
Jen
I love J's smile as he sings that song! He looks so adorable.
As for the scratching / time out story, it's a great story in itself but your telling of it is so great. I love that you describe the emotion behind J's words; it captures a toddler moment so well.
Hi Dawn,
The kiddies are still asleep here so Iactually have time to post a comment. I am sooooooo adicted to your blog. It's the first thing I check EVERY day at 6:00am. I just don't have the time most days to write comments. Your kiddies are soooo adorable...almost as cute as Hadley and Ivy. Ok,as cute as my 2 little girls!!! They are so lucky to have you and JP as parents. Hope school is still going well. Take care! xoxo
Rita
By the way, I know that when I check your blog every day there won't be anything new there cause you're a working mother and I always marvel at how much and how often you do write something, but I am soooo addicted (with 2 "d"s) that I pathetically check anyway. I'm a sad case.
Rita
Post a Comment