So, I don't work next week, but things should start heating up for school the week after. I hope to talk to my principal and find out what my assignment will be so I can begin to prepare more than two days before I have to face a classroom (or two or three) of kiddies.
In other news, J. has come up with a new strategy to get his own way. It has yet to work one time, but he persists anyway. When he really wants something and I say, 'no', he says, 'Daddy dit yes' (Daddy says yes). Daddy can be (and usually is) standing right there and, as you are probably aware, he hasn't voiced an opinion about the situation. I know that J. is getting the vocabulary from me because when the kids aren't listening I usually say, "J. (or E.) Mama a dit non/put your shoes on/go to the bathroom/stop running/come to the table/turn off the TV/it's time for bed". Well, you get the picture. I never say that they should do something because daddy told them to, but J. tries to use it. He only used 'Daddy dit...' for the longest time, but the other day when he wanted a story before bedtime he told me that 'Lao-Lao dit yes'. Um, she didn't. I asked her. I wonder how long it will be before Miss Kelly will be telling us what to do from afar too :-)
J: Mama, Daddy go work tomorrow?
M: Yes, J.
J: He-li-cop-ter (insert strong French accent)?
M: That's right.
J: (insert whinny voice) No Mama. J.J no want it, J.J no want it. Nough (enough) Mama. Daddy no work. Mama, Gung-Gung (maternal grandfather) dit Daddy no go work. (Um, J. hasn't seen my dad over the past few weeks. I guess they must be communicating telepathically).
3 comments:
Kids say the funniest things don't they? Sounds like Lil' J is a smart fellow. The cuteness doesn't hurt either. Got to give the guy an A+ for effort and creativity. Between him and E there could be some very intricate schemes ahead.
Enjoy your week off D. Sounds like you'll be pretty busy soon.
HA!!!! That little rascal! I love your tales!!!!
Keep em coming please!
How was your last day?!!!!!
Jen
Tee hee. Very ingenious. Too cute!!!!
Post a Comment