Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bike Riding

Yes, it has happened. At 39 months of age my two babies can now ride bikes. J. prefers the tricycle. E. never got the hang of that, but yesterday some friends of ours (people I went to highschool with who now live two cul-de-sacs over from us) gave us a pink two wheeler called...... A TIGRESS. E. loves it. She jumped on it and rode home from our friend's house just like that!

J. does need a two wheeler with training wheels too though because he can't keep up when we go out of the cul-de-sac. This afternoon we went for a ride on the paved path behind the house and Daddy and E. were way ahead of us. We'll have to hit some garage sales and see what we can find.

One of my sisters went garage saling today and picked up a beautiful pair of skates for E. She wants to skate. She went skating with Daddy once last year and was very impressed with it all. She says, 'E. go skating in winter. E. fall down?' When I answer that yes, she will fall down she seems happy about it. Then she says, 'Mama hold E.'s hand' and the discussion is closed. Little does she know that holding my hand is likely more dangerous than her taking her chances on her own :-).

On another subject, I've known it for awhile, but I guess I'll have to get into a horribly embarrassing situation before I change my ways. My kiddies now really do understand and remember everything we say. Last night at supper I was telling DH a story about my boss. He's American and he was in Vietnam. Long story short, he was a gunner in a helicopter that was hit. Some shrapnel hit his gun, bounced off and then hit and broke one of his arms before lodging in the other. That wasn't enough of an injury to get him sent home. He was put in a hospital on Guam for three months and then sent back into action. O.K., so this afternoon, S. (my neice) was over to babysit while we went to see the moive Mama-Mia (I really enjoyed it by the way). Anyway, she came for lunch before the babysitting actually started and during lunch J. related the whole story of my boss' experience in Vietnam. Of course S. didn't understandbecause she didn't know the story, but J. got the whole thing completely right. How much he really understands about the fact that the guy was in a war and that he could have died, I don't know, but he told about the helicopter taking 'the man' to the hospital when he got hit in two arms (demonstrates by pointing at each forearm one at a time) and he stayed on an island. Oh boy. Lucky it wasn't a racier story that I told (I don't mean to say that I have racier stories about my boss, because I certainly don't, but there are stories I've told DH that I wouldn't necessarily want repeated or understood by my babies!).

I'll leave you tonight with a little video of J. 'dancing'. He has this VERY weird move he does when he's really, really getting down with his funky on. I had been telling him that he was going to get time-outs for all kinds of crazy things. The last thing was the one you'll hear me say in the video, 'Time-out for dancing Jay-Jay'. He thinks he's so hilarious when he 'breaks the rules'.

And yes, my kids hate wearing pants. Because they usually strip to their underware as soon as they get home, most of our in the house videos and pictures catch them in their skivies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your children are just far too cute! How precious! They look so proud riding their bikes! Way to go E and J!!!!!

That is too funny about J repeating the story. Smarty pants! Intimidating a little isn't it?:) You will have to completely watch what you are saying now! Although I doubt you have to hold yourself back too much:) Wild D! LOL

Always great catching up on your adventures!

Jen

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Good job, E and J!!!!! You are doing great!

And I LOVE J's dance move. It'll be all the rage in a few years.....LOL!

longneys said...

Wow, talk about quick studies! Tour de France look out, here comes E and J!! Okay, J may need to move from his tricycle first but...
Anyway, thanks again for the updates. As always, they're a joy to read. You really should be a writer, Dawn. Keep on keeping on.
Oh by the way, great moves J!

Anonymous said...

Hi GUys

those little ones are just to much, they are so happy, you have made them a great home
colette